Early Detection of Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial Fibrillation (Afib or AF) is the most common arrhythmia which increases the risk of having stroke, by Five-fold. Stroke is an acute brain damage which causes long term irreversible disability.
- More than 795,000 people in US have strokes annually with about 610,000 being new strokes.
- Every 40 seconds someone in US has stroke which kills one person every four minutes
- Afib causes about 1 in 7 strokes.
- Some people who have AFib don’t know they have it and have no symptoms.
- It is important to be aware of common symptoms of Afib.
- There are certain factors such as advanced age, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea could increase the risk of having Afib, but these are not all of them.
- Early detection could prevent stroke and other devastating complications of Afib, such as debilitating falls.
We encourage you to watch this short video to learn more about the importance of the early detection of Afib.
Early Afib Detection Consultation
Dr. Nazeri offers a comprehensive Afib risk evaluation and screening consultation. During the visit he will identify if you are at risk of having Afib and recommend screening strategies to find out whether you have Afib. He offers in the office or online consultations.
Fill up the Online form or call us as instructed below:
You can call us at 713-909-3166 Monday through Friday between 8 am to 9 pm to speak with our team. You can leave us a message after hours and we would get back to you within ONE business day